Who to Contact
Academic advising is shared between the Civil Engineering Departmental Advisors and the Engineering Student Services office.
You should contact a Civil Engineering Departmental Advisor for questions regarding the following:
- Program Requirements
- Off-cycle degree planning
- Pre-requisites for Civil Engineering Courses
- Selection of Technical Electives
- General information about the discipline
- Interpreting your Degree Navigator report
- Registration issues in Civil Engineering courses
Engineering Student Services is located on the first floor of the Fred Kaiser Building across from Starbucks (2332 Main Mall, Room 1100). You should contact Engineering Student Services for the following types of questions:
- Transfer credit from other institutions and equivalent courses at UBC
- Questions regarding the general first year engineering program at UBC
- Registration issues in APSC courses
- Questions regarding academic accommodation / concession
- Exchange programs and credit equivalencies
- Registration in supplemental exams
- Application for academic concession for standing deferred exams
Meeting with a Departmental Advisor
Students wishing to meet with a Departmental Advisor should email the advisor in advance to set up an appointment. Many answers to common questions can be found in the department's Undergraduate FAQs on this website.
Prior to meeting with the Departmental Advisor, students should review their Degree Navigator reports and flag any issues they wish to discuss (for information on accessing Degree Navigator through the Student Service Center, please refer to the Degree Navigator Guide).
Please note the Third Year Advisor for the 2016-2017 academic year is not yet confirmed.