Puyan is a building innovation specialist, the founder of “Pyramoon Innovations”, and a research associate/sessional instructor at UBC’s Project and Construction Management (PCM) group since fall 2017. He joined UBC as a postdoctoral fellow in late 2013. Before joining UBC, Puyan obtained his B.Sc. (2001) in Civil Engineering from Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST), Tehran, Iran, and earned both his M.Sc. (2007) and Dr.-Ing. (2012) in “Informatics in Civil Engineering” from Technische Universität Darmstadt (TUDa), Darmstadt, Germany. His recent research at UBC covers a wide range of topics related to the “innovation in construction” including BIM-based design and coordination, application of IPD and Lean Construction, AI driven algorithms for AECO, BIM for FM, Digital Fabrication and Modular Construction, as well as XR (AR/VR/MR) for Construction.
As a Research Associate, Puyan is not in a position to accept any new MASC or PHD students.
Innovation in Construction, BIM-based design and coordination, application of IPD and Lean Construction, AI driven algorithms for AECO, BIM for FM, Digital Fabrication and Modular Construction, XR (AR/VR/MR) for Construction
CIVL 426 Virtual Design and Construction
CIVL 526 Virtual Design and Construction
- Devarsh Bhonde, Puyan A. Zadeh, Sheryl Staub-French, and Helen Goodland: “Owners’ Perceived Barriers to Adoption of IPD in Canada.” Integrated Project Delivery Alliance (IPDA), 2020, Pages 41, https://bit.ly/ubcipdareport.
- Devarsh Bhonde, Puyan A. Zadeh, and Sheryl Staub-French: “Evaluating the Use of Virtual Reality for Maintainability-focused Design Reviews.” Journal of Information Technology in Construction (ITcon), In-press, 2021.
- Puyan A. Zadeh, Lan Wei, Arianne Dee, Rachel Pottinger, and Sheryl Staub-French: “BIM-CITYGML data integration for modern urban challenges.”, Journal of Information Technology in Construction (ITcon), 2019, Pages 318-340. https://itcon.org/papers/2019_17-ITcon-Zadeh.pdf
- Helen Goodland, Albert Lam, Divyarajsinh Chudasma, Sheryl Staub-French, Puyan Zadeh: “Strategies for Collaborative Construction – Integrated Project Delivery Case Studies.” BC Housing’s Research Centre, 2019, https://www.bchousing.org/publications/Strategies-Collaborative-Construction.pdf
- Sheryl Staub-French, Erik A. Poirier, Francisco Calderon, Imen Chikhi, Puyan Zadeh, Divyarajsinh Chudasma, and Shitian Huang: “Building information modeling (BIM) and design for manufacturing and assembly (DfMA) for mass timber construction.” BIM TOPiCS Research Lab University of British Columbia, naturally wood, BC, Canada, 2018, https://www.naturallywood.com/resource/bim-and-design-for-manufacturing-and-assembly-for-mass-timber-construction/
- Puyan A. Zadeh, Guan Wang, Hasan Burak-Cavka, Sheryl Staub-French, and Rachel Pottinger: “Information Quality Assessment for Facility Management.” Advanced Engineering Informatics (ADVEI), Volume 33, 2017, Pages 181-205, doi: 10.1016/j.aei.2017.06.003.
- T. Sri Kalyan, Puyan A. Zadeh, Sheryl Staub-French, and Thomas Froese: “Construction Quality Assessment Using 3D as-built Models Generated with Project Tango,” Proceedings of ICSDEC 2016: International Conference on Sustainable Design, Engineering and Construction, Procedia Engineering, Volume 145, 2016, Pages 1416-1423, ISSN 1877-7058, doi: 10.1016/j.proeng.2016.04.178.
- Soojung Kim, Puyan A. Zadeh, Sheryl Staub-French, Thomas Froese, and Belgin Terim Cavka: “Assessment of the Impact of Window Size, Position and Orientation on Building Energy Load Using BIM,” Proceedings of ICSDEC 2016: International Conference on Sustainable Design, Engineering and Construction, Procedia Engineering, Volume 145, 2016, Pages 1424-1431, ISSN 1877-7058, doi: 10.1016/j.proeng.2016.04.179.
- Puyan A. Zadeh, Hasan Burak-Cavka, and Sheryl Staub-French: “BIM Information Quality Analysis for Space Management,” 16th International Conference on Computing in Civil and Building Engineering (ICCCBE 2016), Osaka University, Osaka, Japan, 2016.
- Puyan A. Zadeh, Sheryl Staub-French,and Rachel Pottinger: “Review of BIM Quality Assessment Approaches for Facility Management.” Proceedings of ICSC15: The Canadian Society for Civil Engineering 5th International/11th Construction Specialty Conference, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada. June 2015, 7-10, Pages 1887-1896.