Dr. Yuxin Pan has obtained his PhD degree in Civil Engineering at the University of British Columbia in 2018. Prior to this, he received his master and bachelor degree at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and Sichuan University in 2012 and 2010. Dr. Pan is currently working as a postdoctoral research and teaching fellow at Civil Engineering at the University of British Columbia. His research focuses on the design, analysis and performance evaluation of timber structures, with particular interests on earthquake engineering. More specifically, the structures of interest include conventional light-frame structures, mass timber structures, such as cross-laminated timber (CLT) and innovative high-rise timber-based hybrid structures. Dr. Pan’s research interests also include structural health monitoring by using field vibration test and deep learning algorithm, and blast load effects on infrastructures by explicit finite element modeling of fluid-structure interaction.
Earthquake engineering, design and analysis of sustainable timber-built structural systems, performance-based seismic retrofit and risk assessment, structural health monitoring, blast loading effects
- Pan, Y., Ventura, C.E., Li, T. (2021) “Sensor Placement and Seismic Response Reconstruction for Structural Health Monitoring using A Deep Neural Network”, Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering (In press).
- Khajehpour, M., Pan, Y., Tannert, T. (2021) “Seismic Analysis of Hybrid Steel Moment Frame CLT Shear Walls Structures”, ASCE Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, 35(5), 04021059.
- Pan, Y., Ventura, C.E., Bebamzadeh, A., Motamedi, M. (2021) “Modelling of A Shake-table Tested Retrofitted Wood-frame Building Subjected to Subduction Ground Motions”, Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 50, 2510-2528.
- Li, T., Pan, Y., Tong, K., Ventura, C.E., de Silva, C.W. (2021) “A Multi-scale Attention Network for Sensor Location Selection and Structural Seismic Response Prediction”, Computers and Structures, 248, 106507.
- Pan, Y., Tannert, T., Kaushik, K., Xiong, H., Ventura, C.E. (2021) “Seismic Performance of a Proposed Wood-Concrete Hybrid System for High-rise Buildings”, Engineering Structures, 238, 112194.
- Li, T., Pan, Y., Tong, K., Ventura, C.E., de Silva, C.W. (2021) “Attention-based Sequence-to-sequence Learning for Online Structural Response Forecasting under Seismic Excitation”, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics – Systems, Early Access, pp1-17.
- Zhang, X., Pan, Y., Tannert, T. (2021) “The Influence of Connection Stiffness on the Dynamic Properties and Seismic Performance of Tall Cross-laminated Timber Buildings”, Engineering Structures, 238, 112261.
- Pan, Y., Ventura, C.E., Tannert, T. (2020) “Damage Index-based Fragility Assessment of Light-frame Wood Houses in Southwestern British Columbia under Long Duration Subduction Earthquakes”, Structural Safety, 84: 101940.
- Shahnewaz, M., Pan, Y., Alam, M.S., Tannert, T. (2020) “Seismic Fragility Estimates for Cross-Laminated Timber Platform Building”, ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, 146(12), 04020256.
- Pan, Y., Ventura, C.E., Xiong, H., Zhang, F., (2020) “Model Updating and Seismic Response of a Super Tall Building in Shanghai”, Computers and Structures, 239: 106285.
- Pan, Y., Ventura, C.E., Finn, W.D. Xiong, H. (2019) “Effects of Ground Motion Duration on the Seismic Damage to and Collapse Capacity of a Mid-rise Woodframe Building”, Engineering Structures, 197: 198451.
- Pan, Y., Ventura, C.E., Finn, W.D. (2018) “Effects of Ground Motion Duration on The Seismic Performance and Collapse Rate of Light-Frame Wood Houses”, ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, 144(8): 04018112.
- Pan, Y., Ventura, C.E., Cheung, M. M. S. (2017) “Performance of Highway Bridges Subjected to Blast Loads”. Engineering Structures, 151, 788-801.
- Zhang, F., Ventura, C.E., Xiong, H., Lu, W., Pan, Y., and Cao, J. (2017) “Evaluation of The Dynamic Characteristics of a Super Tall Building Using Data from Ambient Vibration and Shake Table Tests by a Bayesian Approach”, Structural Control and Health Monitoring, Vol 25:4 e2121.
- Xiong, F., Xie, L., Ge, Q., Pan, Y., and Cheung, M. S. (2015) “Reconnaissance Report on Buildings Damaged During the Lushan Earthquake, 20th April 2013”, Natural Hazards, 76.1: 635-650.
- Pan, Y., Chan, Y.B., Cheung, M.S. (2013) “Blast Loading Effects on a RC Slab-On-Girder Bridge Superstructure Using the Multi-Euler Domain Method”, ASCE Journal of Bridge Engineering, 18(11), 1152-1163.