The Civil Engineering Society is a student society for all Civil Engineering undergraduate students at the University of British Columbia (UBC). Students automatically become members of the club upon entering Civil Engineering.
The purpose of the society is to improve the university experience of students in civil engineering. The society is managed by a group of volunteers who fill various positions in the Executive.
Our activities include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing events such as BBQ’s, Movie Nights, Boat Cruises & Ski Trips
- Providing a means for communicating student concerns to the Civil Engineering Department
- Civil Engineering paraphernalia
- Providing information on intramural sports teams
- Publication of a monthly newsletter
- Publication of a yearly civil engineering student directory—I-Beam
- Managing the Civil Loft—a social/study space for Civil Engineering students, including: maintaining the Loft, renting locker space, stocking & maintaining vending machines and maintaining this website